Family Center/Family Phone Line
The Family Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (also known as the Family Center) is a parent-directed section of the Children’s Special Health Care Services Program. The purpose of the Family Center is to bring consumer input to the program and policy development, to establish a parent-to-parent support network and to facilitate parent/professional collaboration. The Family Center provides a variety of services including such things as scholarships for parents to attend conferences related to their child’s medical condition, coordinate the Family Support Network, assist youth to transition to adulthood, distribute a newsletter, provide bereavement information, and provide the Family Phone line.
The CSHCS Family Phone Line 1-800-359-3722 is for parent and guardian use only and may be accessed Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm. The Family Phone line will assist parents or guardians to:
- Connect with a CSHCS office in any local health department
- Make a call to CSHCS staff in the Lansing office
- Obtain general information on how to join CSHCS
- Resolve problems related to CSHCS
- Contact his/her CSHCS medical provider(s)
- Contact the Family Support Network (FSN) of Michigan
- Reach his/her FSN support Parent for up to 30 minutes
Incoming callers may be asked in their child is enrolled in CSHCS, child’s diagnosis and child’s ID number.